"Our users really appreciate BudgetPak’s guided interface. They feel like they're doing something natural, something that they're used to doing. "
Brad Bertsch, Assistant Controller
"This is a real estate development company, so hardly anybody's in the office. The fact that they can log in from anywhere is very helpful."
Minden Dickson, Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Hunt Companies, Inc.
- BudgetPak is powerful enough for Hunt Company’s advanced users and easy enough for less sophisticated budget holders.
- No more waiting for the busy IT department to assist with software issues.
- Users like that they can enter notes into the system and tie them into reports.
- Employees who used to dread the process are enjoying using BudgetPak.
"With BudgetPak, we have much more confidence in our numbers."
Anne Ilcus, Budget Administrator and Investment Analyst
Palm Beach Atlantic University
- BudgetPak gives PBA a platform for effective communication and strategic planning.
- VPs can instantly see where department heads are in their budget process, and each department can see where their budget is in the approval process.
- Cloud-based design provides convenience and efficiency by facilitating real-time problem solving.
- Improved forecasting with accurate monthly budgets and up-to-date actuals.
"BudgetPak is a software that does it all for you. It automatically does your roll ups; it automatically takes care of everything."
Jon Ter Louw, Financial Analyst
"It’s just a lot easier, because the budget officers can log in to the solution whenever they want. And it leaves a good trail of information from one year to the next."
Stacy Buckingham, Dean for Financial Operations
John A. Logan College
- BudgetPak eased John A. Logan’s transition to a modified zero-based budgeting model.
- Clearly detailed reporting quickly brought the college’s new VP of Instruction up to speed, initiating $500,000 worth of timely adjustments.
- The system facilitates creative planning of revenue streams for the funding of new projects.
"The system gives us a way to pull it all together and better utilize our funds where they are needed at the time, as opposed to just based on historical information."
Steve Miller, Assistant Controller
San Juan College
- Departmental budget requests can now be linked to campus-wide goals.
- BudgetPak makes it easy to compile the final budget and get it back into the ERP system.
- San Juan College can explore previously hidden budget details.
- Ability to re-forecast and budget-adjust based on actual enrollment throughout the year.
"Now when we start to work on a comparison of budget versus actual, we can do an accurate analysis about why we're over budget or under budget. It’s truly eye opening."
Hector Sanchez, CPA, Vice President of Finance
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association
- Budget managers feel comfortable with the system because it is easy to navigate and enter data.
- BudgetPak offers a convenient way to prepare quarterly forecasts and help new committee members understand the big picture.
- Budgeting efficiency savings of approximately 20 percent.
"The implementation went very well and was even better than we expected. We have 110 budget managers and got zero complaints."
Cheryl Warner, Controller
- Cut $200k using BudgetPak’s salary planning tool.
- Departments are able to manage their own monthly forecasts.
- Annotation feature explains the reasons behind the numbers.
- CFO receives positive comments from BudgetPak users.
"The best benefit for WJC is that the BudgetPak system saves us so much time. The manual three-day Excel forecast process can now be done in a matter of three hours; it's a huge change from the old process."
Dan Brent, CPA, Chief Financial Officer
William James College
- BudgetPak was up and running in just 3 weeks, in time for the next budget cycle.
- Budgets, actuals, and forecasts are all available for the first time in one system.
- Able to manipulate variables to see the effect of proposed strategic decisions.
"We have 100 happy users who would agree that BudgetPak makes our budgeting totally transparent and above reproach."
Jill Larsen, Chief Financial Officer
- Staff members without formal budgeting training love the easy-to-use interface.
- Personnel expense planning is now a simple task.
- Finance can see where departments are in the budgeting process, in real-time.
- The annual budgeting cycle is a more precise exercise in financial stewardship.
"There are far more expensive products out there, but they are not as good as BudgetPak."
Jeff Ginsberg, Budget Director
Bunker Hill Community College
- Using BudgetPak, actual expenditures came within 0.6% of the budget.
- ROI in time savings and the value of a superior budget.
- BudgetPak ActionPaks help department heads better organize their initiatives.
- Simple integration with general ledger system.
"We can now more efficiently tie the strategic plan initiatives to the budget."
Steve Rich, Vice President of Finance
- BudgetPak helped facilitate the move from a two-year women’s college to a four-year coeducational institution.
- Internal communications about the budget have dramatically improved.
- No more worries about over-writing formulas, last minute changes, or forgotten data.
- Faculty and staff now have accountability for, and ownership of, their budgets.
"One thing we really like is the ability to document our assumptions. In other words, to put down what the money is going to be used for, how we came up with that number, and what goals we are achieving by spending the money."
Donna Farlow, Director of Budgeting
Union County College
- Union estimates a 50% reduction in time spent budgeting.
- Forecasting tools facilitate planning for asset purchases and building improvements.
- Budgeting on a monthly basis helps management make informed decisions.
- BudgetPak’s friendly interface has won over even the most skeptical faculty members.
"Yes, we got more flexibility and yes, we got more financial controls and formality to the process. But the culture change was the real goal. Managers are now much more attuned to their numbers."
Curt DeFriez, Controller
Western Governors University
- Transformed the budgeting culture from top-down to employee-centric.
- Higher quality of information and more confidence in the final numbers.
- Better able to manage the business and quickly adjust to the demands of high growth.
"Goodbye to spreadsheets and overly complex systems."
Bill Feher, Vice President of Finance - Compliance
EMCOR Group, Inc.
- BudgetPak provides a sophisticated solution with the simplicity and flexibility needed by EMCOR budgeting end-users
- Users have a greater connection to the budget, and they review their actual numbers monthly.
- Saving valuable time by spending less on the budget process